This year is a municipal election year and there are three council seats (one per district) up for election on the Flat Rock Village Council. The Village is divided into three districts, with two council seats per district, for purposes of having geographical distribution on the Village Council, but all seats are voted on at large by all registered voters in the Village.
Early voting for the village municipal election starts on October 14 at the Board of Elections office. Voting on Election Day (Tuesday, November 2) will be at the Flat Rock Village Hall. Check out the Henderson County Board of Elections 2021 municipal election schedule:
- October 3 – Absentee by mail voting begins
- October 8 (5:00 p.m.) – Voter registration deadline
- October 14 – October 29 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) – One-stop early voting
- October 30 (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) – One-stop early voting
- October 26 (5:00 p.m.) – Absentee request deadline
- November 2 (6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.) – Election Day – all voting will be at the Flat Rock Village Hall
Can you provide names of candidates?
Hi Beverly –
You can find information about the four 2021 village council candidates here – https://hcscl.wordpress.com/2021/09/29/hear-from-candidates-for-village-council/#more-4193
District 1: Matt Toner, running unopposed
District 2: Susan Gregory (incumbent), Jim Hart – contested race
District 3: Barbara Jeter, running unopposed